COMPLETE CONTROLS AND AUTOMATION SERVICES
Safe Operation in Hazardous Explosive Environments
Flexicon offers a broad range of experience in meeting the process control requirements for areas zoned as explosion hazards. These controls provide measures of worker and facility safety, while delivering optimal equipment performance.
Well-stocked Flexicon panel shops staffed by accredited technicians have the capabilities necessary to fabricate your controls in a timely and cost-effective manner. Prior to shipment, comprehensive testing ensures that every panel operates per your design specifications.
Intrinsically safe components including load cells, level sensors, and solenoids; alternative power sources such as pneumatic or hydraulic actuators, as well as many other options can be included as part of your system and integrated by Flexicon's automated controls.
Controls Capabilities include:
- Enclosures and construction specified to meet NEMA 7/9 or ATEX, Zone 20, 21, or 22 ratings
- Explosion proof (flameproof) panels cast from heavy aluminum designed to prevent any internal explosion or spark from igniting the vapors in a hazardous location
- Local rated operator panels that interface with larger motor control cabinets in unclassified areas through intrinsic safety barriers
- Nitrogen or compressed air purged panels that inhibit unwanted fumes or dust from entering the panel. These systems are equipped with pressure sensors, alarms and automatic shut-down functions in the event of the purge system failure
- Labeling and engraving services to imprint control panels with all the necessary instructions, cautions and warnings
Control panel with purge kit
Container tipper with remotely-located
Dust tight small bag discharge station with emptied bag compactor and flame proof control panel
Remote control panel with mouse-pointer
Bulk bag discharger with pneumatically-powered hoist and trolley
Bulk bag discharger with five-sided